All Events / The Aspire 2019 Presence and Impact Workshop
The Aspire 2019 Presence and Impact Workshop
Presence and Impact is consistently rated by CEOs as the number 1 most important skill to be a successful leader (over and above intelligence, experience and technical expertise). It is the “wow” factor that sets you up for the next promotion and gives your career that extra boost.
Join Dr Sam Collins, Founder of Aspire and named as ‘One of the Top 200 Women to Impact Business and Industry’ by Her Majesty The Queen and ‘A Woman Shaping the World’ by CNN for an inspirational and practical day of learning, networking and transformation.
Are you reaching your life and career potential?
How do other people in the workplace evaluate you?
How much confidence, credibility and charisma do you display?
Often described as gravitas, authority and the elusive X factor, presence and impact is one of the greatest keys to being successful, confident and making the maximum difference with others.
Leadership presence and impact doesn’t automatically come with your education, your talent or your business results, it is entirely subjective. It depends on how others perceive you. Women face unique challenges when it comes to being perceived as leaders and we often adopt a “good student” mentality – in which we believe that if we just keep our heads down, work hard, perform well and be a good team player, that others are bound to notice and reward us.
- Learn how to project gravitas with confidence, poise under pressure and decisiveness.
- Demonstrate your unique presence through communication, conviction, intention, and knowledge.
- Be more visible, speak out, take risks and gain credit.
- Regain positive control when interrupted or criticised.
- Increase your self-confidence, the personality trait most responsible for an individual being seen as having leadership presence.
- Be heard in a roomful of loud, assertive people. Own the room and command respect.
- Attract followers by being self-motivated, assured, and willing to take risks.
- Overcome fears and be the confident leader even when you have self doubts.
- Thrive in difficult situations and with challenging or even toxic people, teams and cultures.
- Set inspiring goals for the impact that you aspire to have in your career, organisation and/or in your industry, community or world.
- Receive first-hand honest and supportive feedback on your current presence and impact strengths and how to take it to the next level.
- Gain clarity on your strengths, talents, weaknesses and biases.
- Know about unconscious bias with regards to women's presence and impact and what to do (and not do) about it.
- Experience in-room practice and real-time discussion with a supportive and inspiring peer group.
- Get out of the office for a day and have the time and space to focus on yourself.
- Increase your social capital and external network with tangible business and personal benefits.
- Gain new ideas and contribute to your organisational diversity and inclusion goals.
- Leave with an action plan, support, accountability ‘buddy’ and planning method.
From graduates to managers to executives, our events attract individuals from across industries, sectors, ages and all backgrounds. This creates a wonderful melting pot of diverse ideas and perspectives.
This workshop is open to women and to men who are advocates for equality and who also want to focus on their own development.
£595 plus VAT
Includes optional pre-event 360 feedback assignment, questionnaire, workbook and all meals and drinks.BOOK NOW
"Our female leaders are more confident, assertive, better networkers and thriving as a consequence of attending your programme. I am now counting on them to pay that forward by supporting, encouraging and coaching other women who are trying to find their purpose, voice and authentic leadership style in their careers.”
CEO, Informed Solutions
“Aspire was genuinely the best event of this type I've ever been to. Extremely valuable in terms of fleshing out goals for personal and professional development and, perhaps more importantly, identifying tools and accountability measures to achieve these goals. I particularly appreciated the opportunity to interact with role models with a wealth of experience to share. I left feeling optimistic and confident in my abilities.”
EU Government Affairs Manager, Euronext
"Aspire allowed me to focus on ME and MY goals and was the best decision I have made for a long time!"
General Manager, Coloplast Ltd
"I am truly feeling inspired, with increased confidence and self-awareness. I am beginning to recognise and appreciate my inner strengths and the value I contribute in both my business and personal life. Embrace the approach, collaborate, network - it is a highly valuable investment in you”
Programme Director, Virgin Media
"Personally and professionally, the workshop was probably the best investment in training and development and a day of my time, that I have made over a 30 year career (which included a medical degree and an MBA!)."
Dr Penny Woods
Chief Executive, British Lung Foundation
Venue Accessibility Information
Find out more here.
Complimentary rates are available for carers accompanying those with disabilities.
10% discount on the normal rate for 2 people
15% discount for 3-5 people
20% discount for 6-9 people
10 people plus – email us on email@example.com
Over 50% of attendees come to our events with others. This can be attending with 1 or 2 people or sending a larger group of up to 20 or 30 people.
10% discount on normal rate for 2 people
15% discount for 3-5 people
20% discount for 6-9 people
10 people plus – email us for a quote on firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the past 19 years of Aspire for Equality, we have found that taking the time away from daily life and your organisation provides new inspiration, diverse perspectives, innovative ideas and an escape from ‘business as usual’ that surpasses an internal course or training event where everyone is from the same organisation.
“The vibe though Avtrade has changed since I stumbled across Aspire for Equality. Today our group is a force for change, inspiration and encouragement to leaders (whatever gender) and to all staff across the company.” – Tracy Keegan, Director of Contract Management, Avtrade Ltd
“We had a really positive experience and we’ve received great feedback from our group of female employees who have participated in events to date. Would I recommend Aspire for Equality? Absolutely!” – Laura Howard, Global Lead HR Business Partner, IS, Astrazeneca
Dr Sam Collins, Founder and CEO, Aspire
“The Trailblazing Leadership Movement”
Award winning women in leadership expert, social entrepreneur, key note speaker, coach and internationally bestselling author, Dr Sam Collins founded Aspire in 2001, the first trailblazing company dedicated to the advancement of women through coaching, events and workshops. Sam has been named one of the “Top 200 Women to Impact Business & Industry” by Her Majesty, The Queen and “A Woman Changing the World” by CNN.