All Events / Raising Your Profile & Visibility Workshop
Raising Your Profile & Visibility Workshop
According to Harvard Business Review, executives were asked to name the most critical factors for promotion. A new top criterion emerged, eclipsing all others: visibility. More than technical competence, business results, or team leadership ability — these leaders agreed — visibility is the most important factor for advancement. However, recent research shows a large gender gap in self-promotion — with men rating their performance 33% higher than equally performing women. This self-promotion paid off: workers who rated their performance more highly were more likely to be hired and offered higher pay.
* What is the point of doing a good job if no one knows about it?
* How can you be more visible, reach your potential and increase your influence?
* How can raising your profile help you to be more authentic, create balance and make a bigger difference?
This workshop will be led by Dr Sam Collins, Founder and CEO of Aspire and recognised by her Majesty, The Queen as one of ‘The Top 200 Women in the UK to Impact Business and Industry’. Dr Collins is an international speaker, coach and best selling author and has been featured on the BBC, CNN, The Times and many more. Sam is known for her bold and supportive style and works with women who are seeking the stretch and inspiration to trail blaze new ways of creating bigger impact through content and an approach that is expertly tailored to you.
Benefits you'll gain:
- Learn a research based Aspire tool for raising your profile and visibility with senior stakeholders, customers and colleagues across your business and industry.
- Beyond 'doing a good job', understand the importance of being seen, heard, known and advocating for yourself and others.
- Develop your personal brand and know what makes you stand out, be unique and be different.
- Grow your self belief, overcome modesty and your fears about being in the spotlight to create a more empowering perspective on profile raising.
- Learn how career tips like “take a seat at the table,” “speak with authority” and “interject at meetings” don't always work for women.
- Identify your key supporters, influencers, mentors and sponsors plus those 'tricky' people that you need to influence to raise your profile and visibility.
- Learn about ‘Intentional Invisibility’, a risk adverse way to avoid backlash from being seen as too assertive when women are often expected to be nice, humble and collaborative.
- Understand about minimising visibility to create work/life balance. When there is no clear path to having it all, many choose authenticity and conflict resolution at home.
- Stop playing it safe, start raising your head above the parapet, taking risks and making more of a difference.
- Explore what you want to be known for in your life, career and workplace without being pushy, arrogant or selling your soul along the way.
- Learn how to say no, develop resilience and handle the 'Marmite effect' when people start to have 'love it or hate it' attitudes towards you or your work.
- Network with like-minded women leaders from across levels, sectors and industries and various organisational cultures.
- Understand unconscious bias on profile raising and what organisations need to do to advance women.
- Get out of the office for a day to focus on yourself, have some fun and challenge yourself. Helps to keep you on your toes and out of your inbox!
- Be exposed to new thinking and ideas that will create tangible benefits for yourself and your organisation.
- Leave the workshop with an action plan, support and accountability to make sure what you want to happen, happens post the event.
From managers to entrepreneurs to executives, our workshops are attended by a diverse group of women from across industries, levels and backgrounds to enable a unique interactive blend of ideas, thinking and role modelling. Our events create inspiration, role models, mentors, food for thought, coaching/mentoring, networking and practical action-planning. There is a lot of small group discussion, practical activities and a ‘give and get’ philosophy to capitalise on different experiences and backgrounds.
£795 plus VAT
Special rate of £595 plus VAT for not for profits/charities/small business/self funding
10% discount on normal rate for 2 people | 15% discount for 3-5 people | 20% discount for 6-9 people | 25% discount for 10 people plusBOOK NOW
“Personally and professionally, the workshop was probably the best investment in training and development and a day of my time, that I have made over a 30 year career (which included a medical degree and an MBA!)."
DR PENNY WOODS
CHIEF EXECUTIVE, BRITISH LUNG FOUNDATION
"I learnt more than I have in 2 years of management courses!"
OPERATIONS MANAGER, FURNITURE RE-USE NETWORK
“I just wanted to drop you a quick email following my participation in the Raising Your Profile event. Thank you for impacting my life in such a positive and dramatic way!”
MANAGING DIRECTOR, PFM MEDICAL UK LTD
“It’s a pleasure coming to Aspire courses and if I think back to the Raising Your Profile event I did a whole year ago I can see the professional and personal changes in myself. I will be eternally grateful for your insight, wisdom and sincere belief in every single individual.”
ONE AMBASSADOR, ONE CAMPAIGN
Find out more here. Complimentary rates are available for carers accompanying those with disabilities.
10% discount on the normal rate for 2 people
15% discount for 3-5 people
20% discount for 6-9 people
25% for 10 people plus
Dr Sam Collins, Founder and CEO, Aspire
“Women Leaders as a Catalyst for Global Change”
Dr Sam Collins is a leading international voice on leadership and equality, a social entrepreneur, speaker and author. Dr Sam Collins founded Aspire nearly 20 years ago when she was just 30 years old, now a globally sought after organisation that empowers a new way of leadership in life, work and world. She has lived, travelled and worked in the UK, Europe, Canada, Africa, India, Australia and the US. Sam has been named “One of the Top 200 Women to Impact Business & Industry” by Her Majesty The Queen and “A Women Shaping the World” by CNN.