All Events / The Aspire 2019 Presence and Impact Workshop
The Aspire 2019 Presence and Impact Workshop
Presence and Impact is consistently rated by CEOs as the number 1 most important skill to be a successful leader (over and above intelligence, experience and technical expertise). It is the “wow” factor that sets you up for the next promotion and gives your career that extra boost.
Join Dr Sam Collins, Founder of Aspire and named as ‘One of the Top 200 Women to Impact Business and Industry’ by Her Majesty The Queen and ‘A Woman Shaping the World’ by CNN for an inspirational and practical day of learning, networking and transformation.
Are you reaching your life and career potential?
How do other people in the workplace evaluate you?
How much confidence, credibility and charisma do you display?
Often described as gravitas, authority and the elusive X factor, presence and impact is one of the greatest keys to being successful, confident and making the maximum difference with others.
Leadership presence and impact doesn’t automatically come with your education, your talent or your business results, it is entirely subjective. It depends on how others perceive you. Women face unique challenges when it comes to being perceived as leaders and we often adopt a “good student” mentality – in which we believe that if we just keep our heads down, work hard, perform well and be a good team player, that others are bound to notice and reward us.
- Learn how to project gravitas with confidence, poise under pressure and decisiveness.
- Demonstrate your unique presence through communication, conviction, intention, and knowledge.
- Be more visible, speak out, take risks and gain credit.
- Regain positive control when interrupted or criticised.
- Increase your self-confidence, the personality trait most responsible for an individual being seen as having leadership presence.
- Be heard in a roomful of loud, assertive people. Own the room and command respect.
- Attract followers by being self-motivated, assured and willing to take risks.
- Overcome fears and be the confident leader even when you have self doubts.
- Thrive in difficult situations and with challenging people, teams and cultures.
- Set inspiring goals for the impact that you aspire to have in your career, organisation and/or in your industry, community or world.
- Receive first-hand honest and supportive feedback on your current presence and impact strengths and how to take it to the next level.
- Gain clarity on your strengths, talents, weaknesses and biases.
- Know about unconscious bias with regards to women's presence and impact and what to do (and not do) about it.
- Experience in-room practice and real-time discussion with a supportive and inspiring peer group.
- Get out of the office for a day and have the time and space to focus on yourself.
- Increase your social capital and external network with tangible business and personal benefits.
- Gain new ideas and contribute to your organisational diversity and inclusion goals.
- Leave with an action plan, support, accountability ‘buddy’ and planning method.
From graduates to managers to executives, our events attract individuals from across industries, sectors, ages and all backgrounds. This creates a wonderful melting pot of diverse ideas and perspectives.
This workshop is open to women and to men who are advocates for equality and who also want to focus on their own development.
£595 + VAT
Includes optional pre-event 360 feedback assignment, questionnaire, workbook and all meals and drinks.BOOK NOW
"I can’t honestly remember the last time I learnt so much about myself and was inspired to such an extent. I found it incredible that we could have got that much insight in such a short space of time. I’m really glad I took the time out for this, and have recommended your organisation”
Head of Tesco Business Unit, Kellogg Company
"Having recently attended the Leadership Presence & Impact workshop, I am truly feeling inspired, with increased confidence and self-awareness. It is a highly valuable investment in you."
Programme Director, Virgin Media
"Wow! What a day. You’ve converted me from a strident sceptic of all courses to an avid fan of yours. Thanks again for giving me the rocket boost I needed"
Global Marketing and Communications Director, Centre for Public Impact.
“Great content, fantastic energy. Thanks for your amazing vision and for taking us all along with you. The vibe though Avtrade has changed since I stumbled across Aspire. Today we’re a force for change, inspiration and encouragement to leaders (whatever gender) and to all staff across the company.”
Director of Contract Management, Avtrade Ltd
"Whilst Aspire have a strong focus on gender diversity and women leaders they strike a balance which, as a man, has made me feel totally included and equally supported. I have recommended Aspire to many people and will continue to do so."
International Organisational Development, The Bank of New York Mellon
"Very refreshing. So often I am motivated whilst in the room but then lose that feeling as soon as I leave. This is different and feels like I have some realistic goals and things I can change."
Senior Counsel, 3i Group plc
Venue Accessibility Information
Find out more here.
Complimentary rates are available for carers accompanying those with disabilities.
10% discount on the normal rate for 2 people
15% discount for 3-5 people
20% discount for 6-9 people
10 people plus – email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Over 50% of attendees come to our conferences with others. This can be attending with 1 or 2 people or sending a larger group of up to 20 or 30 people.
10% discount on normal rate for 2 people
15% discount for 3-5 people
20% discount for 6-9 people
10 people plus – email us for a quote on email@example.com
Over the past 19 years of Aspire for Equality, we have found that taking the time away from daily life and your organisation provides new inspiration, diverse perspectives, innovative ideas and an escape from ‘business as usual’ that surpasses an internal course or training event where everyone is from the same organisation.
“The vibe though Avtrade has changed since I stumbled across Aspire for Equality. Today our group is a force for change, inspiration and encouragement to leaders (whatever gender) and to all staff across the company.” – Tracy Keegan, Director of Contract Management, Avtrade Ltd
“We had a really positive experience and we’ve received great feedback from our group of female employees who have participated in events to date. Would I recommend Aspire for Equality? Absolutely!” – Laura Howard, Global Lead HR Business Partner, IS, Astrazeneca
Dr Sam Collins, Founder and CEO, Aspire
“The Trailblazing Leadership Movement”
Award winning women in leadership expert, social entrepreneur, key note speaker, coach and internationally bestselling author, Dr Sam Collins founded Aspire in 2001, the first trailblazing company dedicated to the advancement of women through coaching, events and workshops. Sam has been named one of the “Top 200 Women to Impact Business & Industry” by Her Majesty, The Queen and “A Woman Changing the World” by CNN.